Friday, September 23, 2011

Shenandoah Iowa City Hall Renovation


I've heard many residents of Shenandoah bewildered at the use of funds to renovate the City Hall approach. With other uses that tax payer money is going to it can be difficult for some to realize the purposes of some projects.

I advocate this use of funds. The end result of the plan is to have the City Hall more cosmetically coordinated with the downtown area. More importantly though it makes the City Hall entrance safer and more inviting for the Shenandoah residents and visitors.

The sidewalk has always been an eyesore and a safety hazard in my opinion. It's nothing short of a miracle that legal action hasn't been taken. At least none to my knowledge. The City Hall represents a communal ediface in which all who reside in it's jurisdiction should have equal opportunity and ease for entering therein.

I'm glad the city government took this action.

No comments:

Post a Comment