Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Head of Mormon Church President Thomas Monson Questioned Over Basic Christianity

I believe in unicorns.  Their ability to fly at 30,164 feet is their way of showering humanity with untold blessings.  Will you test and prove these blessings with a little financial support?  With that support I will encourage others to observe the legendary unicorns and their incredibly awesome powers.  Through those powers coupled with the faithfulness of the people devoted followers may find healing in their lives.  Scientifically, the nature of the unicorn cannot be proven.  Yet, it is my belief that when you see a double rainbow in the morning sky it is proof that the great unicorn, Barnaby, is ever watching over us.

Confused?  Well, you should be.  The above claim is no less than what the offended and disaffected are charging President Thomas S. Monson of in their allegations springing up in this month of February in the year of our Lord 2014.  Yesterday I had read that charges of fraud were taking place regarding the doctrine of tithing as taught by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Today I read that the scope is enlarged to encompass specific teachings including Adam and Eve - Adam and Eve!!?

Let's go back to the first paragraph.  First off, isn't it a matter of my own free choice to believe in someone asserting the powers of the unicorn?  Did you know that there are certain Asian sects that believe God is blue?  Did you know that there are diverse places that regard the cow as sacred?  What about the modern moderate that loves to hug trees and view their own God as only the spirit of the earth and nature?  When we take these into consideration what is so outlandish about the unicorn?  And yes, there are even organizations of tree huggers that solicit funds for their cause which they are lawfully free to do.

No, I do not believe in unicorns and I am not asking for money.  Let's get that out of the way before the "powers that be" find me in contempt or violation.  Again, people being offended... I do, however, believe in the scriptural law of tithing.  I also believe in Adam and Eve as our first mortal parents.  In fact, contrary to several other beliefs I believe Adam and Eve are to be revered for their choices.  They knew that if the law of God was not transgressed the human family couldn't be.  My free choice to study the doctrines of the Church allow me to build a foundation upon which to erect a productive and faithful life.  Living those doctrines either proves or disproves the promises of those doctrines.  It's nothing new - it's called life!  I can choose to take it or leave it without having to call "foul" by being offended.

In the LDS Church the law of tithing is taught.  At the same time, at the heart of all the teachings is the person's liberty and freedom to choose.  You don't have to pay tithing at all, but as taught in order to grow spiritually and temporally that law needs to be observed.  There is no coercion and there is no one at the end of the year coming after you or sending you a bill or invoice for funds to remit.  THAT particular practice does take place in several religious organizations though.

As many know I put out my thoughts in a blog post yesterday after hearing the initial allegation regarding tithing.  I had no plans to continue publishing my thoughts regarding the matter.  However, after hearing that basic Christian tenets such as Adam and Eve are being included in this farce I couldn't resist but to voice out again.  This is bull and accelerates what I predicted in yesterday's post that the Christianity package is soon to be on trial and thus comes the persecution of the Christian regardless of sect or persuasion.

I don't use the word proud but I will say that I am confident in my allegiance to the Latter-day Saint faith.  It is the rock which is built through the power and authority of Jesus the Christ.  I believe that the prophet, seer and revelator Thomas Monson holds all the keys of the Church and stands as the mouthpiece of Jesus Christ to the inhabitants of the world.  I trust in him because all his teachings bring no emphasis to himself but instead to God the Eternal Father and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ.  This separates him from others whom many claim him to be just like.  They won't be named here because they are unworthy to be named in the same publication as the Lord's Anointed.

In finality, I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ as taught in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Yet, I don't shove down the throats or expect anyone else to subscribe to my beliefs.  As demonstrated above my beliefs are proven by me and have shown to satisfy my progress in this life.  I believe that should be the journey of every human being - to pursue happiness through the liberties of freedom and the agency to choose and to leave this life content in their works...


No comments:

Post a Comment